Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Republican Convention...

Like most Democrats (after hearing some of their responses), I agree with the fact that Republicans are rediculous in their notion that Democrats are unpatriotic! I can't believe Fred Thompson and even Leiberman when they agreed and even spoke out against the unpatriotic Democrats. And to top it off, apparently, according to Ann Coulter, we're also Godless.

Now I've been a Democrat since I started following politics-since I was 14. Its 8 years later and I'm still proud of the Democrats in that they are the ones who consistently vote to protect the people of the United States. I am a true patriot and when I say the pledge, I think about people like Susan B Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Frederick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, Dr. King, and the numerous others who fought for the American people. I think about the fact that I have sooo many freedoms because of the people who dared to challenge the status quo. I think about the progress that America has made in the 200+ years of Her existance. I believe that I am a patriot and I also have God in my life. Just because I support the other guy does NOT make me any less of an American!!!! or any less of a believer in God!!!! How dare the Republicans challenge my personal views!!!!!????

If you're as angry as I am over this, please post your comments! ~~RUNIE~~

1 comment:

Kean Democrats said...

Also, one of our founders, President Jefferson once stated (not the exact quote but...) dissent is the best form of patriotism! It is because we love our country so much that we speak out against the wrongs of what the government is doing.
-Aruna(Runie)