Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Message to Disenchanted Voters

Ok, so here's my honest feelings about this upcoming election. Honestly, like I've stated in the past, I'm a HUGE Clinton supporter. I totally understand the disenchated voters out there. There was major sexism in the primaries against Hillary and now Obama is the Democratic Nominee. For anyone who saw the DNC Rules Committee, the blatant sexism was horrifying-I mean we're living in the 21st Century and it's crazy to believe that the efforts of Phyllis Shaffly has succeeded past the 1990's . I mean the knocking down of the ERA in every Congress since first proposed in the 1970s has been a conservative viewpoint. I really didn't think that the sexism would prevail within the Democratic Party, however, considering that it's the Democratic Party who usually supports women's rights. What I saw at the Rules Committee Hearing was just insane. I was not a supporter of Obama for a few reasons: character & experience being the major points that I criticized him for.

On McCain: he's a pretty liberal Republican. I could have seen myself supporting him in this election; however, he has shifted to the right-too far for me to support him. He's also a candidate who's health is a major concern.

For me, the election came down to the vice Presidential Candidates. This meant that it was up to Sarah Palin and Joe Biden to get my support. Now, I have obviously expressed my reasons against Sarah Palin. She supports everything I am against and is against everything that I support. Now, on Biden, I'm not a huge fan of Joe Biden. He has a compelling story and the guy had a tough life-as a person I think he's great. As a politician, I'm not so sure.

I'm so confused with this election. I am a PROUD DEMOCRAT and I LOVE being called a LIBERAL because that means I support the rights of the people-I support women, I support the middle class and lower classes, I support the labor unions and the education associations, I support gun control laws...I LOVE BEING A LIBERAL; however, I think we picked the wrong guys to lead our party. I want Obama and Biden in office but I'm not sure I want them there for 8 years.

A part of me honestly wants McCain/Palin to win so in 2012 Hillary Clinton can come back and take over and bring this country back to where we need to be. Yes, I am actually saying that McCain/Palin has torn me because of my absolute support of Hillary Clinton. However, I'm with Obama/Biden on most of the issues. This election means me campaigning for the Congress rather than the President. I'll go to a few events for the President but I honestly don't know who I support in totallity. In 2000 I was Gore, in 2004 I was Kerry, in 2008 I don't know and I'm really upset over this. I know I sound crazy to anyone who's not interested in politics, but it really sucks when you're huge into politics and the person you know is best for the job isn't even on the ballot.

MY MESSAGE TO DISENCHANTED VOTERS OUT THERE:
1. Do not stay home on Election Day.
2. Get out there and make a decision.
3. If you honestly cannot bring yourself to vote for either the Obama/Biden ticket or the McCain/Palin ticket, write in your choice.
--->DO NOT STAY HOME, voice your opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This election is too important for you to stay home! Please get out there. I understand your disenchanted position, but it's so important that we voice our opinion!!!!

-Aruna Mathura

plz post comments on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: