Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Correction on Banning Books

Hey everyone,

First off, I apologize for my typos in the last blog I wrote. The "9 Reasons I don't Support Sarah Palin" blog was charged by a lot of emotion-written right after a heated debate over Mrs. Palin, and I did not pay any attention what so ever to my grammar.

Secondly, I have recently found out that the book-banning thing is a lie. She did fire the librarian, but for what reason, I'm not 100% sure. She also asked for the resignation of many others in the Wasilla governing bodies who were placed in office by her opponent (typical of politicians).

The thing about politics is that it might be true, but things are covered up in order to prevent bad press. I'm not saying this is the case and that the librarian was actually fired because she did not ban the books, but it may be a 1/2 truth-one can never tell in politics. I believe that Bill Clinton's pardoning of certain people was under much scrutiny by the Republicans and many lies were put out by the Republicans in order to discredit the Clinton family (such as Hillary stole from the White House). These are tactics that have been used in politics numerous times before and we need to stop it-ON BOTH SIDES!!!! Putting out lies on a person running for office does not make you look any better than that person-in fact it makes you look worse in terms of ethics. I'm not saying the Obama Campaign did this, but whoever did put it out there, knowing it was not the complete truth or that it was a complete lie needs to stop.

We need to let the American People know who are the people running for office, not the lies on those people. I still obviously do not like Sarah Palin, however, lies are things I cannot tolerate. After re-reading my previous blog I realized that I misspoke when I did not write "allegedly." I honestly meant to, however, when you're upset, you're usually not thinking straight and I totally and completely apologize for that! I still think the Republicans, as a whole, skip over the First and Fourth Amendments and I stand by that statement.

If I did not write "allegedly" for the firing of the State Trooper, I apologize for that as well. She is currently under investigation for that and it has not been proven yet. Please keep these things in mind as you follow the blogs and the NEWS. Again, I apologize.
-Aruna

No comments: