Thursday, September 4, 2008

John McCain Supports School Vouchers

I'm watching CNN right now and an African American male is being interviewed. I'm not sure who he is considering I've never seen him before was just talking about School Vouchers and the fact that McCain supports this. I'm not sure how many of you out there are involved in the public school systems but I am. I am finishing my bachelors in History and Secondary Education and I am a substitute in Hillside (New Jersey). This past year (2007-2008 school year) I was permanant in Hillside High School. I saw first hand why vouchers would benefit students. Parents should have the choice of where to send their child to school. I agree with this. However, because of vouchers and the Republican ideology the public school system never has to be fixed so long as there are other options. I think private schools are great-whether they are Christian, Catholic, Muslim, or Jewish schools being that its totally understandable that parents also want to instill religion in their children. However, it should NEVER be an option when parents are simply looking for top of the line education for their children. There should be an adequate or even more than adequate public school in the neighborhood. I do NOT support vouchers because of this!!!!! Our public schools are failing because of this!

Part 2 on Palin: To add to what Lindsey wrote about voting for a woman just because of woman's rights. I would like to ask the Republicans out there how sexist was it that they had buttons that stated "hottest VP from the coolest state." How is this an extension of woman's rights. I think thats an extension of sexism!

(forgive any typos...I'm sure I have a few....)
-Aruna

No comments: